Use in 5% increments until desired flavor is achieved. Add rice hulls when using more than 20%.
FLAVOR & COLOR CONTRIBUTIONS : Rye Malt, Spicy Rye, Golden leaning toward orange hues
CHARACTERISTICS / APPLICATIONS
- An often overlooked malt, Rye Malt has a unique spicy rye flavor for the production of rye beer.
- Rye Malt can help build flavor and develop complexity in many beer styles, from medium flavored lagers to dark ales.
- Use in 5% increments until desired flavor is achieved.
- Rye Malt is fully modified. It performs well in a single temperature infusion mash if used at less than 20% of total grist.
- Hulless and with a high beta glucan content, Rye Malt can result in a sticky mash and slow lautering. We recommend adding rice hulls when usage levels approach 20% and supplementing with a betaglucanase enzyme above 35% for manageable lautering.
Priced per lb.